Chef G Garvin is one of the most popular chefs today. He spent time working for some of the most exclusive restaurants and venues before opening his own signature restaurant, G Garvin’s, where he continued to cater to and host high profile dinners for clients ranging from Former President Bill Clinton, to Halle Berry, to the Former Prime Minister of Israel. Expanding his brand, he ventured into television hosting his own show- Turn Up the Heat with G. Garvin (airing in the US and Brazil). His increasing popularity earned him a second series on the same network, entitled G. Garvin: The Road Tour. Eventually, the Food Network’s Cooking Channel tapped him to host the series, Road Trip with G Garvin. Other ventures include being nominated for the NAACP award and starting his own foundation, the G Garvin foundation where he is devoted to healthy living, preventing obesity and helping young adults choose a career in the culinary arts.
His no bake Oreo Cookie Cheesecake is fool proof and I encourage you to give this recipe a try.
- 3-cups ground Oreo cookies
- 9-tbsp melted butter
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 1-pkg un flavored gelatin
- 12-oz soft cream cheese
- 1 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 25 Oreo cookies roughly broken
- Start by preheating your oven at 350. In a large bowl combine the cookie crumbs and the butter, place the cookie mix into square baking pan and coat the bottom. Place into the oven for ten quick minutes then remove and set aside.
- Pour the water into a sauce pot over low heat and stir in the gelatin until dissolved and hold on side.
- In a medium bowl combine the cream cheese, the sugar and mix well, and then pour in the gelatin, followed by the milk until mixed well. Put in the refrigerator until thickened but not set.
- In a large bowl, mix the cream and the sugar until firm peaks, then fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture. Once completed, pour into the baking pan and place in the refrigerator to set
- After it has set, sprinkle with the broken cookies.